Excellent test result for KLANN tins
A high percentage of tinplate packagings in the European trade is of Asian origin – a motive for KLANN to explain the difference to our “Made in Germany” products in a comprehensible way to our customers. For this purpose tinplate metal packagings made by KLANN were tested by means of accepted scientific methods of the renowned Fraunhofer Institute and compared with products by mainly Chinese manufacturers.
Based on product samples imported from China from a total of 22 manufacturers especially for testing purposes, evidence has been made that KLANN guarantees in nearly all cases a significantly higher overall-quality of the tinplate packaging.
In detail, evidence could be made that tinplate packagings produced by KLANN
- show a higher colour fastness along the whole tin shape, especially at the strains, ie. they have less “frosting”,
- show a lower corrodibility by means of their thicker print and varnish film, especially at the curls,
- have a more even and thicker print and varnish film on all surfaces and the resulting lower porosity further decreases the corrodibility, as well as
- have a better print and varnish adhesion on tinplate, resulting in a lower vulnerability to scratches.
Tinplate purchase from ThyssenKrupp Rasselstein GmbH
We purchase our tinplate exclusively from ThyssenKrupp Rasselstein GmbH, one of the global market leaders in tinplate production. Both our companies share the commitment to produce high-quality goods „Made in Germany“.
KLANN Packaging GmbH is a manufacturer of decorative and exclusive high-class tinplate packaging tins – Made in Germany! Based in Landshut/Bavaria, we hold an influential market position in the field of metal tins for individually designed, sales-promoting packagings. Our state-of the-art production facility (BRC and DIN EN ISO 9001 certified) unites conception, dummy construction, tool shop, production & logistics – under one roof.
Tinplate consists of cold-rolled sheet steel measuring from 0.10 up to 0.49 mm in thickness and is subsequently electrolytically coated with tin. ThyssenKrupp Rasselstein GmbH offers the following brands of tinned blackplate: ANDRALYT® (electrolytic tin coated steel) and Thinplate®.
These are the currently valid quality management systems and certifications our partner, ThyssenKrupp Rasselstein GmbH, possesses:
- Quality management DIN EN ISO 9001:2008
- Quality management ISO/TS 16949:2009 through Lloyd’s Register
- Conformity declaration acc. to ISO/IEC Guide 22
- Conformity declaration acc. to ISO/IEC Guide 22 regarding radioactivity of tinplate and ECCS
- Certificate of conformity GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) and HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) through Lloyd’s Register
- BME Code of Conduct